Pictures gallery of Tattooand Asian Girls. Hollywood Tattoo Celebrity most Exclusive video and photo gallery
Tattoo

Monday, February 1, 2010

horiyoshi feature tattoo design


I am not often strongly drawn towards any particular cultures art over any other but this week, no matter how much i fear it may be cliché, I am really feeling traditional Japanese tattoo design, both for it’s art and for it’s history.

Whilst all of the traditional Japanese imagery is steeped in meaning, my favourite imagery has always involved the catfish, traditionally connected to earthquakes and the Koi, representing the stoic and the resolute.

I am working on some tattoo design based around these themes, with the dark, contrasting colours of the water and the vivid colours of the catfish but for the time being I have put together some great examples, mostly from Horiyoshi III and some other illustrations for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment